Tuesday 22 March 2016

How Much Is Your Self Worth?

 Check out this video from Creative.com*

What the video explains, is you shouldn't devalue yourself.  Go out on your own means to make a living and charge what you are worth.

In my early of freelancing, pricing myself was a sketchy thing for me.  For someone who was new to self-employment, I didn't know how to price myself.

I would go on to do work experience for free, take any job that would pay peanuts, just so I can build my portfolio.  The problem with this, is that you are devaluing your self worth.  Also by devaluing yourself, you are also devaluing the industry you are working in.

So with a devalued industry, how are you going to make a living?

It is easy to say, I am worth £5000.  But you have to back up your claim to that £5000.

To claim your worth, you have to be persistent on your work, please your client and get the job on time.

What do you think of this post?  Are you a creative freelancer that struggles with pricing? 
Check out my previous blog post about "Why I Charge This Much For Video" and my take "On Video Production Packages".  Feel free comment below or you can contact me by tweeting me @eugeneeyo and through old fashion email.

*I am not affiliated with CreativeLive.com.  Everything I write on my blog is entirely my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment