Wednesday 17 February 2016

Why I Charge This Much For A Video?

I don't want to lie to you, but video production is expensive.  It can take up to thousands of pounds/euros/dollars.

On the spot, a relative of mine asked how much would I charge for a wedding video.  I say around 3000 to 5000.  He was left gobsmacked.

In all honesty wedding videos are not my forte, so he was asking the wrong person.  The quote I had given was a rough estimation and he did ask me on the spot.

If I had found out more information about the wedding, such as dates, locations, stuff in wants in the video.  I probably would even quote him the minimum of 3000 or even less.

As I mentioned in my previous post, every customers/client is different.  I like to get the details about you, your company and what you want to achieve with your video.  With this information, I can pitch an idea of your video.  If you are happy with it, I will then give you an estimated quote.

In the case of the wedding video, my relative just thought that I only do videos.  I actually do more than that.  I have to plan the shoot.  That means visiting the location, do health and safety checks, look into what equipment to use, just so the shoot on the wedding runs smoothly.  Thus by doing this I can produce a superior video product for you to use for your business or to cherish the memories from your wedding.

When it comes to producing your video, I dedicate myself to ensure the product meets up to your needs.  And from this blog post, I hope you see it from my insight in why I charge that much for producing your video.

If you want more from this blog, you can sign up to my newsletter to access more information about my services and how video can benefit your business/corporate needs.

What do you think of this post?  Is wrong of me to charge that much for a video?  What do you like to see in a video production company?  You can tweet me @eugeneeyo or email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment